I loved Perth. 🙂
Western Australia (WA), like its name suggests, occupies the entire 1/3 of Australia. Its capital city is Perth, which is a unique touristic destination by itself.
In addition to Perth, there are other very interesting destinations in WA such as Margaret River, Broom, Pemberton and Rottnest island. Touring along in all these fabulous places would probably require 4 months or so (Ok, maybe not that much if you are a “die-hard” tourist who literally plans one activity a day!) but you get my point!
I was there for about 4 weeks, and I was mostly in Perth. So I did the chance to explore the city a bit, in between my medical school related duties (going to the hospital for rounds, seeing patients, etc.) .
I have a lot of positive memories of this place, and this for several reasons (better believe food is one of’em!)
- I was there for a medical elective in Neurosurgery which is the career path I am planning to specialize in (in other words, my dream job) 🙂
- The weather in Perth is sunny ALL YEAR LONG! Why do I need to emphasize this? Because I had just come from Tasmania (another state in Australia) where I had my first real experience of Winter! (and the frosbites were real!) Perth offers 3,0000 hours of sun throughout the entire year, and even during winter, it’s still warm! That city was literally “lit”. 🙂
- That was the very first city in Australia where I finally took the courage to face and touch a Kangaroo for the first time. Y’all don’t even know. After three months of being in the country, multiple words of encouragement from local (Australian friends) and friends from back home, emails, texts and messages and even repeated reassurance from several tour guides, I WAS PETRIFIED OF KANGAROOS 🙁 until I got to Perth! That was such a disappointing feeling because Kangaroos were the one thing I looked forward to the most during my trip to Australia. But thanks to a unique friend/tour guide, I managed to fall in love with those special creatures!
Here are some quick links to access my posts/pics on my trip to Western Australia:
- My trip to the Fremantle Prison (World Heritage Site)
- My Experience of the Fremantle Market
- My Real Experience with the Kangaroos (coming up soon! Trust me – you don’t want to miss this ^_^)
- My Tour of Perth, Sunny Heaven (coming up very soon!)
Make sure you follow my blog to get a notification when this content becomes available.