Welcome to the Minneapolis Greek Festival!

• 20

Welcome to the Minneapolis Greek Festival!

🌺“Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.” – Anonymous🌺

I am officially starting a new journey at a new destination, Minneapolis! And there was no better way to start it off than with the Minneapolis Greek Festival!

G2

Perhaps my love for everything Greece is a biased feeling because I am a huge lover of Greek (and also Roman) mythology, but having a taste of Greece before eventually traveling here (one day) was an amazing experience.

G12

The Festival was organized for September 8-10th, and so ran for the entire weekend. This is certainly an event that I would recommend to anyone visiting Minneapolis or if you live there, it’s a family friendly event worth checking out!

The festival featured greek future expressed in the form of traditional dances, music, and of course… food!

I particularly enjoyed the display of greek beverages and delicacies, not only because I am a foodie but also because food and culinary arts are a great part of culture all over the world.

G15

Food was offered using a “ticket” system, and every guest had the opportunity to earn 2 free tickets simply by bringing 3 dry good items for donations.

The Balkava Sundae that I had (on a perfect Sunday too) was a real delight! It was my first time tasting something Greek ever, and I certainly enjoyed it.

G18

I also loved the fact that I got the opportunity to discover the Orthodox church and learn more about its beliefs and teachings during the festival. While appreciating its similarities with the Catholic Church, I also got to discover the few features that make the orthodox church different.

Thinking about the fact that I nearly didn’t go, I feel contented by the fact that I did. ♥️

G20

Moving to a new city can be daunting, but hey – life is the living. I know for sure this taste of Greece revived in me the desire to… go to Greece one day.

Have you ever been to Greece?

Linking back to Two Traveling Texans!

Two Traveling Texans

20 Comments

Rob+Ann @TravelLatte(.net)

December 10, 2017 at 4:47 pm

We really enjoy going to local cultural festivals, and the Greek Festivals are definitely our favorites! Mostly because of the food, but also the people. Always so warm, friendly, and downright fun. We’ll have to try and time a visit to Minneapolis with the Greek Festival one year – looks fun! Thanks for sharing on #TheWeeklyPostcard.

Clem

December 19, 2017 at 6:19 pm

Glad to know! And I do really appreciate the opportunity to share this experience at #TheWeeklyPostcard!

Anda

December 3, 2017 at 2:19 am

I love Greek food too, so I would have surely enjoyed this Festival. Growing up in the Balkans, I was exposed to a lot of Greek influences. I still know how to cook a good Moussaka. #TheWeeklyPostcard

Clem

December 19, 2017 at 6:18 pm

I haven’t tried the Moussaka yet, but will make sure to try it out when I travel to Greece:)

Jill

December 2, 2017 at 1:13 pm

I’ve only been once but I loved Minneapolis – and add a Greek Festival and you’ve got it all. Looks like fun!

Clem

December 19, 2017 at 6:17 pm

It was! Thanks for stopping by!

Anna

December 2, 2017 at 9:12 am

I´ve been to Greece 3 times and can´t get enough… Absolutely love their food and culture. Wouldn’t miss any greek festival either! #theweeklypostcard

Clem

December 19, 2017 at 6:17 pm

That’s great to hear! Next time you go, please take me with you!

Esther

December 2, 2017 at 8:33 am

Oh, I’d appreciate a Greek festival here. Lots of Greeks living where I live! However, I have visited Greece a couple of times (different cities and islands) and I do believe Greek is something best enjoyed in Greece, ’cause you get well aware of the differences between regions.
#TheWeeklyPostcard

Clem

December 19, 2017 at 6:16 pm

Esther, this absolutely makes sense. And this is one more reason why Greece is on top of my travel list!

Anisa

December 2, 2017 at 8:32 am

I have been to Greece but I still need to go to the islands. I love Greek food and that Baklava sundae looks amazing. I did do a quick trip to Minneapolis too and it is really lovely in the summer. I hope you enjoy living there. Thanks for sharing on #TheWeeklyPostcard.

Clem

December 19, 2017 at 6:16 pm

Anisa, thanks for stopping by! I really enjoyed my time at the Greek Festival in Minneapolis, and it truly reinforced my desire to go to Greece. And I enjoy sharing at #theweeklypostcard!

Sol Solntze

November 30, 2017 at 7:19 am

Haven’t been to Greece, but you have reminded me that I like baklava. Never seen it made into a sundae before. I could totally go for that though!

Clem

December 1, 2017 at 10:12 pm

Hi Sol, the Baklava Sundae was totally amazing. I hope you get to try it soon. Thanks for stopping by!

Cathy (MummyTravels)

November 29, 2017 at 9:09 am

Getting out to events is a great way to settle into a new city, and this one sounds a lot of fun – baklava sundae especially. I love Greece and have been a few times over the years so I hope you do get there. Thanks for linking up with #citytripping

Clem

December 1, 2017 at 10:11 pm

Great! I always love linking up with #citytripping.

roth0003

October 18, 2017 at 12:21 am

So glad you shared at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2017/10/wind-and-water-water-and-wind.html. I hope to attend the next Greek festival here in NC – it’s lots of fun!

Clem

December 1, 2017 at 10:12 pm

You’re most welcome! Please let me know how it goes!

Gislaine Ada Ngaska