Week 4/12: A weekend at the Queen’s  (Part 2)

  • 0

Week 4/12: A weekend at the Queen’s  (Part 2)

After living on the Nature Isle  (Dominica) for a few years, I have grown fond of loving small cities. And so, Visiting Oxford was a pleasure to me.

My brother, photographer and tour guide extraordinaire, made it his mission to show me the coolest architectural buildings in the world (ever) and the top reason why he loves this city.

The Radcliffe square is certainly his favourite spot, a very coveted touristic attraction and one of the famous ones in Oxford. It is located at the center of city and is surrounded by Oxford University colleges.

The Oxford Museum is also a very interesting site to visit, for all the culture and history lovers! 

Being in the city that has one of the largest libraries in the world was more than an educational apocalypse  (words from a bookworm). From speaking with my brother, I got to appreciate how unique the Oxford Bodleian library is. Even moreso, the fact that only 1% of the manuscripts they have are in libraries and the other 99% underground was even more fascinating. 

Sooner rather than later, all this book and architecture talk got us hungry and we decided to meet some of my brother’s friends for burgers at Byron.

From the get go, I noticed that most of their products were custom made: napkins, set tables, and even their pepper sauce  (signature, Byron). However, what really impressed me was this originally designed drinks menu…

Feeling adventurous, I went for their specialty burger: the Cluckosaurus Rex! I am happy I did because that was a unique culinary experience! And if you really want to know where that burger name comes from, stop by at Byron at your next visit to Oxford!

Oxford was one of the cities that I have always (secretely) wanted to visit, and Traveling there last weekend was truly a enjoyable experience, especially with my tour guide and photographer extraordinaire, my brother. 🚩

I really hope to visit Christchurch as well as the Deer Park  (Magdalene College) next time I travel there, hopefully soon!

Thank you for reading.

Love, Clem.❤


Leave a Reply

Clem’s Fun Moments!

Subscribe to Blog via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

[i]
[i]
[index]
[index]
[523.251,659.255,783.991]
[523.251,659.255,783.991]
[523.251,659.255,783.991]
[523.251,659.255,783.991]
%d bloggers like this: